WELCOME!

Welcome! Thank you for stopping by our page! I'm a 36 year old educated stay at home mother of a energetic 3 year old boy who keeps me on my toes! I like to research all sorts of craft ideas, recipes, activities for my son, home remedies, DIY, all the best freebies, deals, coupons, and more! God Bless The USA!

Coupons.com

Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Printer & Today's Shopping Trip


Today was going to be an expensive shopping trip for us. I had $200 budgeted to get needed groceries & supplies, price match items, coupons for items I wanted to check out before they expired and a new printer. My old Lexmark ran out of ink before I got this new laptop. When I got online again and seen all those great coupons I was missing out on, I knew I had to try and budget in an ink cartridge ($35 for the one I needed) or possibly a new printer. Wal-mart no longer carries the ink cartridge I needed, the only place was online. Mom and I researched several new printers and I decided on one that didn't have expensive ink cartridge refills. Got my new one today for $38, it isn't wireless, but its super nice and it came with both ink cartridges! My total at Walmart was $182 before coupons and $160 after! Saved $20, got some more items stocked up for the bad pay months (winter) too! Used the $20 I saved to get the items on sale at the local grocery store, where I was able to score Ziploc storage bags (2/$4) and I had a coupon for a $1/2, not to shabby when you consider you pay $1 for the cheap ones and I got name brand for $1.50! Since I spent over $75 last time I got 5% off my total, making it less that $20! Feels good to be able to go below your budget and still get everything on the list! Think I better budget in ink cartridges for next weeks shopping trip, I'm printing coupons like crazy now!~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment