- Samples & Savings
- Box lunch tips, & Sandwich Ideas
- H/R for Skin Care & Eczema
- Yard Sale Finds & How To
- The Fourth Meal
- Shopping Tips & Tricks
- Helpful Home Remedies
- BBQ Tips & Recipes
- Make money blogging!
- Product Testing Sites
- Printable crafts for you and the kids!
- Seriously Free Stuff!
- Contacting Companies for Freebies & Coupons
- Kenley's Kiddie Corner
- Helpful Hints & Tips!
- What's For Supper?
- My own experiences with over the road trucking/travel
- Fairytale Brownies: A Taste of Magic In Every Bite
Welcome! Thank you for stopping by our page! I'm a 36 year old educated stay at home mother of a energetic 3 year old boy who keeps me on my toes! I like to research all sorts of craft ideas, recipes, activities for my son, home remedies, DIY, all the best freebies, deals, coupons, and more! God Bless The USA!
Monday, August 22, 2011
7 Layer Salad
1lb small/plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ jalapeno Chile, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
2 T lime juice
Salt and pepper
1 t canola oil
1 sm. Onion, finely chopped
½ t chili powder
1 can of pinto beans (15 oz), rinsed, and drained
1 ripe Hass avocado, pitted and peeled
1 T fresh cilantro, chopped
1 C whole corn, or fresh corn kernels from 2 ears
1 lg. red bell pepper, finely chopped
4 oz low fat sour cream
1 ½ oz low fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. In lg. bowl, combine tomatoes, green onion, garlic, jalapeno, 1 T lime juice, and ¼ t salt.
2. In 8” skillet, heat oil on medium. Add onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until golden, stirring often. Add chili powder; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; add beans and 1/8 t each of salt and black pepper. Mash until almost smooth.
3. In bowl, with a fork, mash avocado, cilantro, remaining lime juice and 1/8 t salt, until almost smooth.
4. In 1 ½ qt., straight sided bowl, spread bean mixture in even layer. Top with corn and bell pepper. Spread sour cream and then the salsa (step 1) over vegetables. Dollop avocado mixture over salsa; spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hrs. Serve with tortilla chips (baked)